Taco Bell Chalupa RecipeIngredients
Taco Bell Chalupa Bread - Indian Fry Bread
- 2 1/2 cups Flour
- 1 tablespoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 tablespoon Vegetable Shortening
- 1 cup Milk
- Oil ( for deep frying)
- 1 pound ground Beef
- 1/4 cup Flour
- 1 tablespoon Chili Powder
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 tablespoon dried Onion Flakes
- 1/2 cup Water
- Oil, for deep-frying
- Sour Cream
- Shredded Lettuce
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese or Monterey Jack Cheese
- Diced Tomato
Indian Fry Bread
- Mix dry ingredients together.
- Cut in shortening.
- Add milk.
- Shape dough into a long cylinder and cut into 8 equal parts.
- Flour hands and work the pieces into 6" tortillas.
- Fry in oil until golden brown.
- Mix dried onion with water in a small bowl and let stand for five minutes.
- Combine ground beef, flour, chili powder, paprika and salt.
- Mix well.
- Add onions and water.
- Mix again.
- In a skillet, cook beef mixture until browned. Stir often while cooking so no large chunks form; it should be more like a paste.
- Remove from heat and keep warm.
- Add meat, sour cream, lettuce, cheese and tomatoes in that order.
- Top with Taco Bell Fire Sauce, hot sauce or salsa as desired.
If You Like this Recipe -- Get More Secret Recipes from Taco Bell...
...and All of Your Favorite Restaurants like:
Photo of Taco Bell XXL Chalupa with Border Salsas is by theimpulsivebuy - http://www.theimpulsivebuy.com/ and is used by permission under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 Generic (CC BY-SA 2.0) License.